Look for Less: Top Shop

Finding the latest trends on a budget is challenging. And as much as I would like to shop at these specific stores (ASOS, Brandy Melville, etc.), my bank account has a different idea.  With that being said, I'm always looking for similar items; finding look alikes to recreate into pieces that are close to the original is my ultimate goal... and I think I may have just found the perfect dupe! 


Top Shop $68.00
Rue 21 $5.00
 As you can see from the pictures above, these are two very different items. The shirt from Top Shop is originally $68.00 and is a crocheted floral top. The other picture is a dress from Rue 21 with a lace floral overlay 
*What's important to note here is that although these aren't the same materials, they create similar looks when complete*


To begin, start by cutting off sleeves. Then cut overlay and slip found underneath (with the overlay, I eyed the material to see where I wanted to cut, leaving some longer than slip.) Once this step is complete, turn inside out. Pin the sip to create smooth edges. Sew.


All Finished!

** Disclaimer: I do NOT own the Top Shop photo **


No comments:

Post a Comment