How to Revive Second Day Curls


 How to Revive Second Day Curls



 Start by lightly combing through the curls from yesterday's do. Doing this helps with the rats and hairspray coated hair, both of which make it hard to curl hair a second time. DON'T BRUSH! Brushing your hair makes you lose texture, which is essential for second day curls!




 Next step is to begin curling hair. Instead of sectioning off hair like usual for first day curls, we'll only be curling the top section and any pieces that need extra assistance. Since we already have curls from the previous day, we're just reviving the sections that need help!



The last part of this tutorial deals with teasing. I start with the back of my head or the crown. I work my way down to the nape of my neck. I finish with the sides. 


TEASING HELP: If you're not familiar with teasing or have a hard time with doing so, it's super easy and no worries, NO NESTS! Start by holding hair in one inch sections in one hand, with the other hand take your comb and make the letter "C", continue to do this until your hair is to your liking. For side pieces, since I have short hair I use my fingers. Hold the section of hair with your index finger and thumb, using the other hand pull pieces toward scalp. If you having long hair on the sides continue the "C" motion all over head!

No comments:

Post a Comment